Monday, October 1, 2007

I wonder

I often wonder what on earth Madam and the Caretaker are talking about. Cyberspace...the Unconscious...Rights and Responsibilities...Existential this and that...CSI...They sometimes discuss quite unintelligible things such as the the tertiary education commission, strategic development, capital/debt ratios, transferable skills - well he does, as she nods off seeking solace in a glass of pinot gris. Transferable skills, for example...what might they be I ponder. Well,actually, now I know. You learn how to do a blog defending canine rights (very successfully, I might add) and then you transfer that skill into reflecting on the day to day life of probably the world's most beautiful dog.

So today I'm feeling very suspicious as to why the Caretaker is looking so cheerful. It can't be the weather - sadly, his very favourite subject - because we have been having an horrendous storm. It can't be the food - sadly his second favourite subject - as even he seems to be getting bored with peanut butter sandwiches and icecream. It's not the company of me and the Blob - she tells me she has been making him very anxious by the strategic placement of bird feathers around the house so that he spends half his time looking under chairs and behind cupboards. If he looked carefully he would see that the Blob is blobbier than usual. It could, of course, be quality assurance in tertiary education - a subject which, very, very, sadly, makes him almost orgasmic - but, according to his diary, that's a week on Thursday. The most likely thing is that it's me...the most perfect companion, golden, gorgeous, graceful...but that would apply all the time. Humanoids are very strange. Blob and I often say, I wonder what they're thinking. If only they could tell us. Do you think they have emotions? Why are they so obsessed by food? Do they do anything without a reward? I wonder. If any of you can help us understand, we would be very grateful.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Daisy,

    can't tell you how happy I was to see you arrive at daycare this morning. I was afraid you may have struck us off the babysitting list after I helped the Caretaker with your bath yesterday.
    But, I'm sure you'll agree, it was all worthwhile with your soft, silky locks looking more beautiful than ever today. And you certainly seemed to enjoy the rewards that followed, a bowl of wee sausage hors-d'oeuvres and a fun time tearing up and down the hallway like a woman possessed. And then it took a lot of barking and running to the front door to make the Caretaker understand that you were keen to get off on your walk. But he finally got the message and I understand you had a great time at Ngataringa Park racing around drying off the golden locks.

    Must say I was pleased you hadn't seen the smirk on Sissy's-or is that the Blob's-face when she saw the shampoo and towels come out. "Just what she deserves after all that talk of Lucky and stacking the odds in her favour against me" she was thinking to herself. "And, just to keep the Caretaker on his toes, I had to go out and find a few feathers to leave lying around the house. Make him think he's going to stumble across a wee feathered friend or two hidden somewhere under the table or under a chair or the dresser. I'll show him whose side he needs to be on."
    Honestly Daisy, can you believe Sissy could be capable of such devious acts?

    So Daisy, I hope you've enjoyed your day here with Lucy and the walks we snatched in-between showers. Shouldn't be too long now before the Caretaker arrives home from his day at work and you'll be on your way back home for the night.
    Look forward to having your company again on Monday, and be sure and have a great weekend won't you.

    Much love,

    Sue and Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sue, If I had to choose someone to give me a (shudder) B.a.t.h. it would be you! However, I would never choose to do such a thing and so it is relief that you see when you see me tearing up and down the hall, demanding to go out and generally creating a fuss.

    Yes, I can believe anything of the Blob - do you know that she even lies in wait so that she can attack my tail as I serenely sail past! But don't worry, I have a plan ....

    Now, I am off to get more sausage from the Caretaker - he is mean and does not give me half as much as Madam. Do you happen to know when she is coming home? See you Monday. Say 'Hi' to my friend Lucy for me and tell her we will have a race down the road on Monday(just kidding - heh, heh). Daisy. WWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Daisy,
    hope you were successful in conning more sausage out of the Caretaker. Surely he knows how much Madam would chose to give you.
    Speaking of which, I think you can expect her return on the 17th or 18th of this month. Are you going to be ecstatic to see her, I bet there'll be much tearing up and down the hall when you hear her footsteps on the stairs.
    Thanks for lending your support to Lucy's first venture into the hydrotherapy pool today. I'm quite sure she couldn't have done it without your help. Just a shame she wasn't up to that race down the road. But won't be long!!!
    Hope you have a good night out.
    Till Wednesday,
    much love
    Sue and Lucy.xx

    ReplyDelete